Sunday 14 October 2012

Creamy mushroom and spinach dal curry... and animal tales :)

First things first: pigeons and dogs.

This is the lovely pigeon I met in town today, it only had one foot and just flew up to me and sat there staring at me for ages. So cute! It's not like I even had any food it wanted. I so badly wanted to just pick it up and take it home!



Also on my shopping escapades i saw a DOG WITH DREADLOCKS!! No jokes! I was so happy and ran up to the lady and asked if I could take a picture. She didn't seem really amused but said I could. As I started to take the picture he started doing a massive shit hahahaha.

*UPDATE* my friend informed me this is a komondor dog and it seems it is quite common for them to have dreadlocks! Awesome.



Oh the picture is blurry, sorry :(

Right, sorry about that. ONTO THE FOOD!!

If you know me, you'll know I love creamy food. Since creamy foods are originally dairy based, it's quite fun to find vegan alternatives. I think I'm doing quite well so far! Don't expect to see many tomato based recipes on here :P

So here is my tasty curry. It's the only type of curry I've ever made since I'm not a massive fan of them, but let me tell you, this is delicious (and sooo filling :D)



Ingredients:
Bag of spinach
Box of mushrooms
One large onion
2 handfuls of lentils, soaked
One tin of coconut milk
Curry powder/ paprika/ cayenne pepper/ other curry spices (use them alll :D)
Salt/ stock
Pepper
Dried herbs
Lemon juice
Lots of garlic (4 cloves?)
Fresh coriander
Olive oil

Rice and broccoli (or other veg) to serve

Right, I'm not an expert on curry making to say the least so please tell me if there are better ways to make them!
If you want to serve this with rice and veg, don't forget to cook them while you're doing this!
First, chop up all the mushrooms and spinach and fry them in a big pan with the oil until soft. Add the spices and the chopped garlic in and fry them too. Now add the coconut milk, lentils, dried herbs, salt/ stock and mix it all up. When that is bubbling a bit, add in the bag of spinach. If it doesn't fit in the pan, don't worry, just add a bit at a time and wait for it to wilt down before adding the rest. When that is all hot and tasty, it's done! Add the lemon juice in just before serving and sprinkle some fresh coriander on top.
WOO CURRY!


No comments:

Post a Comment