Tuesday 9 October 2012

Tomato Salsa

There is nothing like a good old home made salsa. It seriously doesn't compare to crappy shop bought varieties! They are waaay to processed and in most cases really sugary. I don't find the need for any sugar... Why would you add sugar? WHY?

Yum, I wish I had a big bowl like this in my fridge now. But unfortunately I don't :( Time to make some tomorrow maybe?

Ingredients:
Lots of tomatoes
Lots of fresh coriander
Salt
Pepper
Lemon juice
Garlic
White wine vinegar
Olive oil
1 small onion or some spring onions, finely chopped

You could also add: sun dried tomato paste, chopped chilies, different herbs (basil is good!)

Method:
Chop all the tomatoes in half and squeeze out all the water and pips as best as you can. Then chop them all up quite finely. Put them in a bowl with finely chopped coriander, crushed garlic, and salt, pepper, lemon, vinegar and olive oil to taste.

Delightful!

I find this is best left in the fridge for a couple of hours before eating (if you can resist) to let the flavours blend. Seriously, it makes it better.



No comments:

Post a Comment