Tuesday 9 October 2012

Walnut Burgers!

I'm not going to lie to you. I made these burgers when I wasn't vegan... But they were so tasty I felt I had to put a veganised version of the recipe up, along with the non- vegan picture.


I know right? You don't blame me for wanting to share the pic? Thanks.
Here is the recipe so you can make them yourself:

Ingredients:
BIG handful of walnuts, finely chopped
Handful of sunflower seeds
1 can of chickpeas, drained and mashed
1 onion
2 tsp vegetable stock powder (I use Bullion by Marigold)
Lots of grated vegan cheese or 2- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (if using the flakes, add a little more olive oil)
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Dried or fresh herbs
1 heaped tsp egg- replacer

Method:
Pre- heat the oven to 220c
Toast the nuts and seeds in pan for a few minutes until they smell tasty.
In a bowl, stir together the mashed chickpeas, the egg- replacer and the oil. Once combined, add in the rest of the ingredients with the nuts and seeds too.
When all mixed, make them into patties and place on a lined baking tray. Cook them in the oven for about 20 minutes and then flip them over. Depending on how big they were, they might be done by now but if they were monsters (like in the pictures) they might need up to 40 minutes! 

If I make these again I think I'll add in lots of mushrooms too.

Serve with vegetables and sauces and lots of vegan mayo.
Or like this...

On this plate of delight, I have courgette fritterstomato salsa, beans, peas, broccoli, hummus, balsamic vinegar, mayo, pickled chilies and seeds. You may say I go over the top, I beg to differ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment